- NEWUI - Devices dropdown menu has been renamed to Media
- MESSUI - Software location per driver is now kept in game.ini instead of messui.ini
- MESSUI - Multiple directories for snapshots, titles, marquees, cabinets, pcbs, control panels.
- MESSUI - Renamed Picker tab to SW Files, and added multiple directory support.
- MESSUI - Renamed Software tab to SW Items.
- MESSUI - Fixed a problem with software-list titles and snaps sometimes not showing.
- MESSUI - Added back the Samples column.
- MESSUI - Made the directory dialogs open where the files are expected to be.
- MESSUI - Added arcade and mess filters.
- MESSUI - Added Usage column to software list
- MESSUI - Fixed a problem with certain settings not saving
- MESSUI - Added caching methods from MAMEUI (not finished yet)
- MESSUI - Fixed New Mess Features to open whatsnew.txt
- MESSUI - Device View tab has been renamed to Media View
- MESSUI - Added spacing around Media View items.
- MESSUI - If a system used 2 software lists, and a software name existed in both, one wasn't showing.
- NEWUI - You can specify a default software folder, per system, in the "comment_directory".
- Build system converted to MAME's new genie system.
- Removal of astring.
- MESSUI - Restored Play Time column (removed in 0.144u1).
- MESSUI - In a game's properties, long clone names were getting truncated. Also removed unused 'colors' field.
- MESSUI - OpenGL video option is now available.
- MESSUI - Help, New Mess Features will take you to messnew.txt at mamedev.org, instead of a 404 error.
- MESSUI - Fixed bugs with the column view, it should no longer sometimes show duplicate columns. Due to this, you will need to set up your column display from scratch.
- The custom code for mandatory carts has been removed, because of improvements in baseline.
- New working driver: Excalibur 64 (now in baseline)
- Fixed crash at start for svision / advision / gameking, when started without a cartridge (now in baseline)
- MESSUI - Fixed regression that prevented software list snapshots from showing.
- Updated to work with new tools version 4.9.1
- MESSUI - Fixed problem where Default Game Options would revert to original defaults.
- MESSUI - Adjusted Sound options to match 0.154 baseline.
- MESSUI - Added Video: Auto selection.
- MESSUI - Fixed a number of bugs with certain video/display options being grayed out.
- MESSUI - Due to a baseline bug, after modifying the Default Game Options, you should quit and restart MESSUI.
- MESSUI - Reworked the audit report:
- If the romset (zipfile) was missing, no error was being reported
- Added better support for sets with the NONE_NEEDED audit attribute
- Audit all systems - Total systems count was out by one
- Audit all systems - NO_DUMP and BAD_DUMP roms have been removed, to improve readability
- Enabled the Unavailable folder, as it provides the same info as the audit.
- NEWUI - Fixed Help, About MESS, it will open the Mess Wiki site.
- NEWUI - Fixed Help, About system, it will open the relevant page at the ProjectMESS site.
- MESSUI - Reworked the help system, and a messui.chm is now supplied. Help text still needs updating.
- MESSUI - Fixed spacing of history.dat
- MESSUI - Sysinfo.dat is fully supported once again (was deprecated in 0.147u5).
- MESSUI - Fixed HLSL option which was greyed out.
- MESSUI - Removed Video: None selection
- The Network compile option is turned on for all builds. This enables you to connect MESS to the Internet.
- MESSUI - DirectX 8 is no longer available. The option has been removed from the menu.
- Sysinfo.dat is now deprecated. History.dat is now the default system history file.
- Updated to work with new tools version 4.6.3
- The baseline has an inbuilt mouse pointer added, but this is not needed for newui. You can turn it on/off with the ui_mouse option in the game's ini file.
- Updated for core ioport changes.
- NEWUI - Fixed a bug where an invisible window would occur if an empty dialog existed.
- MESSUI - Fixed a bug related to snaps
- MESSUI - As a test, added a few MAME games. These include Pacman and Neogeo.
- MESSUI - Added counter (in bottom right corner) of programs for systems with software list.
- Applied MESS updates
- MESSUI - Added back the Samples folder to the Directories dropdown.
- MESSUI - Pictures (snaps, titles, etc) per software title is now available.
- MESSUI - Simplified background picture code. You will need to reselect your background after installation.
- NEWUI - Reorganised code.
- Fixed a reported problem with the Vertical Refresh selection. [Calamity (MAMEUIFX forum)]
- Updated to work with core astring changes.
- MESSUI - The File, Load Savestate... option is now only available if the system supports savestates.
- MESSUI - The Background Images folder setting has been removed. It is now handled internally when you choose a background picture.
- MESSUI - Fixed some duplicate Alt-keyboard shortcuts.
- MESSUI - The creation of corrupt ini files has been tracked down and patched in the core. The same core problem is still responsible for the erratic operation of the Reset and Default buttons in a system's properties.
- MESSUI - Fixed the filters, where Mechanical would turn into Consoles when the mouse was moved over it.
- MESSUI - In the Directories dropdown, added the option to set the Folders directory.
- MESSUI - The location of software is now inherited from the parent / compatible driver, but it can be overidden if needed.
- NEWUI - Fixed speed controls.
- NEWUI - Re-enabled the Joystick menu.
- NEWUI - Fixed the Miscellaneous Inputs menu.
- NEWUI - Fixed the display of Joystick keys instead of n/a.
- NEWUI - Fixed the problem where key assignments could not be changed.
- The author of HLSL has fixed the problem of crashing on exit.
- MESSUI - The Play Time column has been removed.
- MESSUI - The Reset Play Time item has been removed.
- MESSUI - All Samples code has been removed.
- MESSUI - Better support for sysinfo.dat and messinfo.dat - the dialog to load these files now has the correct filenames as default.
- MESSUI - Removed Source Properties and Vector Properties options from game-context menu (when you right-click on a system name).
- MESSUI - Removed Samples folder from Directories dropdown.
- MESSUI - Removed HLSL tab. You can turn HLSL on from the Advanced tab.
- MESSUI - Fixed the problem where you could not select software from the pick-list.
- MESSUI - Fixed problem where the currently-loaded software wasn't highlighted in the pick-list.
- MESSUI - Fixed problem where the name of the software in the Device View was corrupted.
- MESSUI - Slight speedup of loading data into the software picker.
- The following are not supported and have been removed or deprecated:
- HLSL options
- Random Background
- Mandatory cartslots
The Mess Team.